Premier Insurance

What To Do In The Event Of A Claim

Insurance Claims
Contact Us

During Office Hours

09:00 -17:30 Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays

Contact Premier Insurance on 01207 592 222 and we will talk you through the process for making a claim

Outside Office Hours

Motor Insurance – Excluding Breakdown, Glass – 01207 297 382

Breakdown, Glass & Any Other Insurance Products – refer to your policy booklet for your Insurers Claims Helpline

At Premier Insurance we use an Accident Management Company for some of our claims services.  The company we use is United Legal Assistance Limited.

A Notice To Clients Regarding Storm Claims

United Legal Assistance

As Storms are becoming increasingly frequent and are set to bring us challenging conditions in the future, we would like to give you some advice of “what to do’s” in the event of a claim.

What to do in the event of a Storm Claim:

  • Notify either Premier Insurance or Your Insurers as soon as you become aware of the damage
  • Contact a Contractor to carry out any emergency repairs needed to make the property secure and watertight, in order to prevent further damage. However, this should only be done if it is safe to do so. If the weather remains extreme, it may not be possible for a contractor to carry out any works.
  • You should not put yourself at risk to try to secure your property. 
  • Take photos of damage as your Insurers will need these to consider your claim.
  • We regret to inform you that any damage to fences, hedges or gates is not covered.

If you call within the office hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, please contact us using the usual telephone number 01207 592222.

If you need to call out of our office hours, here are contact numbers for our main home insurers:

  • Ageas – 0345 122 3019
  • Aviva – 08000 12345
  • AXA – 0330 024 6842
  • Broker Direct – 01204 600364
  • Covea – 0330 024 2255
  • Integra – 01274 700 810
  • LV Clear – 0800 681 6367
  • LV Rainbow – 0800 032 9306

Please check your policy wording for the helpline if your insurer is not listed.

What Insurers will need from you:

  • Estimate for necessary repairs and the cost of those. This should be split into materials and labour (hourly rate and number of hours). These costs should be provided on letter headed paper
  • Date of damage
  • Photos of damage